Ready For Anything
Built to be ready for any change in weather the Merrell Chameleon Shift Mid employs a GORE-TEX membrane within the upper construction. This technical material repels water from saturating the inner shoe, keeping the foot dry and comfortable in the wettest of conditions. The added height of the shoe provides additional protection from the environment whilst also added greater stability to the ankle, a must have for traversing uneven terrain.
Merrell Chameleon Shift Mid GORE-TEX Walking Shoe
Merging the durability and comfort of nubuck leather with the ventilated regulation of a mesh weave the Merrell Chameleon Shift Mid GORE-TEX delivers an upper of exquisite comfort over long miles. The highly durable nubuck leather grants a hard wearing upper that retains an adaptable structure and provides reliable support where its needed. The inner mesh walls facilitate the regulation of temperature within the shoe, allowing fresh, cooling air to permeate within whilst simultaneously allowing warm air to escape.
Assisting with stabilising the foot at the heel to reduce slip and potential injury the shoe employs a Stratafuse exoskeletal design. The concept takes a lightweight external heel cage and fuses it with the mesh upper, the process creates a solid heel whilst retaining the lightness of the shoe as there are fewer parts used for its construction.
Keeping the evolving trail underfoot from penetrating the inner of the shoe the Bellows tongue does a great job of locking out debris, avoiding any necessary discomfort.
Alleviating the sustained impact shock of traversing the trail the Merrell Chameleon Shift Mid GORE-TEX Features a robust and responsive MBound TRK midsole. Offering the perfect level of cushioning within a highly durable format, prolonging the longevity of its effectiveness.
Working in concert with the MBound TRK midsole the shoe also employs Merrell's own air cushioning unit integrated within the heel of the shoe. The design and targeted placement delivers added shock dampening at the point of contact, helping to create a smoother transition into the midfoot.
Stiffening the foot and helping to reduce unwanted flexion and increases torsional stability for greater control over the terrain.
The outsole design comprises of a 5 mm lug depth and a rugged Vibram outsole. The depth of the lugs delivers reliable traction across a veritable multitude of surfaces, letting you stay swift on your feet across your terrain of choice. Bearing the Vibram™ stamp of approval the outsole is a durable compound that wont falter regardless of what you thrown at it.
The Merrell Chameleon Shift Mid GORE-TEX Hiking Shoes employs a range of technologies and features in a lightweight, durable format. Making the overall shoe a winning combination and choice for the hiker looking for a lightweight shoe that can be used in a range of environments and conditions.
- GORE-TEX Waterproof Membrane - Repels moisture and enhances breathability for all activities.
- Nubuck Leather and Mesh Upper - Durability, comfort and temperature regulation in one.
- Stratafuse Exoskeleton - Fuses the heel cage to mesh uppers for extreme lightweight durability.
- Bellows Tongue - Keeps debris out.
- Traditional Lace Closure - For secure and no nonsense fastening.
- Grade 3 Women's Specific Nylon Insole - For backpacking with a light pack.
- Merrell In-Board Compression moulded EVA foot frame - Provides additional comfort and cushioning.
- MBound TRK Midsole - for responsive and durable cushioning on the trail.
- Merrell Air Cushion - In the heel absorbs shock and adds stability.
- Moulded Nylon Arch Shank - Reduces Flexion and increases torsional stability.
- Ace Single Density Removable Footbed - Provides additional instep comfort and padding if needed.
- M Select FRESH - Antimicrobial agents reduce shoe odour.
- Lug Depth - 5 mm.
- Vibram Outsole - Durable and reliable design with great traction.
Merrell Chameleon Shift Mid Gore-Tex Walking Boots - 50% Off MERJ01533