Salomon X Ultra Prime Walking Shoes
TRAILRUNNING TECHNOLOGIES ADAPTED TO HIKING
Stability and protection combined with a traditional lacing system and breathable upper make X-Ultra Prime a great value for hikers who like to move fast on technical terrain.
Upper - Textile/Sensifit system
The Salomon X Ultra Prime Women's Walking Shoes is composed of a durable mesh upper, This material extends the full construction allowing fresh air to permeate the interior for key breathability to the foot. The key ventilation is provided for moving fast in warm conditions and gives a degree of support with abrasion-resistant strength.
Working in unison with the adaptable material, synthetic overlays in the form of a Sensifit system works to wrap around the foot from medial to lateral sides, providing a precise and secure fit. Sensifit cradles the foot from the midsole to the lace system, providing a stable and snug fit all around the system. Moulded into the shoe, reducing weight and brings more comfort.
Protecting the outer framework, key anti-abrasion properties in the form of a protective synthetic toe cap and heel guard with extended Mudguard, all coincide to provide a secure structure that battles through rocks and root, reducing unwanted debris for causing wear and tear. At the rear, extra protection is provided in the form of an integrated heel strap which stabilises the Achilles through transition for additional subtle support.
Midsole - Injected EVA/Advanced Chassis
Taking on ground impact, an injected EVA compound midsole, reduces forces pushed upon the underfoot for a smooth cushioned stride with parallel performance within the Die-cut EVA ortholite insole for step-in cushioning. At the rear a merged Heel foam promotes a safe impact, absorbing ground force from heel strike which them powers and propels you through to your next step.
The midsole platform also feature's Salomon's lightweight advanced chassis and midfoot shank, placed between the outsole and midsole, maximizes motion control, energy management and push through protection for an efficient, stable and responsive ride.
Outsole - Contagrip
The base of the X Ultra Prime hiking shoe implements a Nonmarking CONTAGRIP rubber outsole for reliable traction over varied terrain. Delivering optimal floor fighting grip on uneven surfaces, Salomon's Contagrip outsoles use the ideal combination of specialized rubbers for each specific use.
- Textile upper - Allows breathability to the foot.
- Low-cut profile - For freedom of movement.
- Protective rubber toe - Anti-abrasion properties that fight of debris.
- Gusseted tongue - Additional protection from debris.
- Sensifit Technology - Wraps and cradles the foot, locking it in place to create a closer fit and more efficient natural stride.
- Heel strap - Helps stabilise the Achilles from heel strike through to transition.
- Mud guard - Helps fight of rocks and root, reducing wear and tear.
- Die cut EVA ortholite insole - Step in comfort and cushioning.
- Injected EVA compound - Reduces forces pushed upon the under fott for a cushioned stride.
- Heel foam - Helps stabilise the Achilles from heel impact strike through to transition.
- Advanced chassis - Placed between the outsole and midsole, maximizes motion control, energy management and push through protection for an efficient, stable and responsive ride.
- Molded shank - Provides torsional attributes.
- Contagrip rubber compound - For reliable traction over varied terrain.
- Weight - 380g
Salomon X Ultra Prime Walking Shoes - SS17 - 21% Off SALL37166300