The latest increment in running perfection. Compromised with lighter materials whilst still remaining inherently neutral, the Echelon 5 combines durability and cushioning with equal aplomb.
The Saucony Echelon 5 Running Shoe's breathable mesh upper is straddled by a series of synthetic overlays that reinforce its construction, to deliver a shoe that is simultaneously lightweight, breathable and robust. In an update from previous iterations a 5mm, antimicrobial polyurethane sockliner enhances support and cushioning, whilst ARCH-LOCK envelopes the medial arch and integrates with the lacing system to deliver a secure, adaptive midfoot lockdown that can be manipulated by tightening the shoe. A RUNDRY collar lining intelligently wicks moisture away from the skin and works in concert with the antimicrobial sockliner to encourage an environment that is cooler, drier and fresher. Reflective components positioned at the heel and toe preserve the wearer's visibility in poor light.
A full length PowerGrid insert cushions the foot and attenuates impact shockwaves superbly, working with the primary midsole compound - a Saucony SuperLite (SSL) EVA blend - to deliver a phenomenally smooth ride. An added feature to an already elite running platform consists of a SRC Impact Zone, implemented to attenuate shock and disperse impact forces away from the shoe. The result...a more efficient run setting up the foot for a smooth transition.
The shoe's outsole consists of an iBR+ and XT-900 compound blend - the former yielding 3 times more impact absorption than other comparable materials, albeit in a considerably lighter format, and the latter delivering consistent, reliable grip and traction with a superb longevity.
- Breathable Mesh Upper - Straddled by a series of synthetic overlays that reinforce the shoe's structural integrity without adding undue weight.
- Polyurethane (PU) Sockliner - Delivers a supportive fit that remains comfortable for the wearer.
- Arch-Lock - Extends from the midfoot and intersects a lacing eyelet on the medial side of the shoe to effectively cinch the foot and deliver a secure, adaptive lockdown.
- RUNDRY Collar Lining - Wicks moisture away from the skin to encourage an internal environment that is cooler, drier and free from blisters.
- Reflective Components - Positioned on the toe and heel for 360 degree visibility.
- PowerGrid Cushioning Unit - Extends throughout the full length of the shoe, offering excellent shockwave attenuation and cushioning.
- Saucony SuperLite (SSL) EVA Blend - Offers optimal energy return in a minimal, lightweight format.
- Super Rebound Compound (SRC) Impact Zone - A material designed to provide excellent shock absorption, enables a more efficient stride pattern.
- iBR+ - This durable rubber outsole compound is 33% lighter and yields 3 times more impact absorption than comparable materials.
- XT-900 - Delivers consistent. reliable traction on a multitude of surfaces.
- Weight - 258 grams.
Saucony Echelon 5 Running Shoes - 50% Off S2027-61